If becoming an exotic dancer has ever crossed your mind, you’ve probably asked yourself ‘how much money can I make?’ Because this and a lot of other questions are running through your mind, the book “How To Be A Stripper: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know But Were Too Afraid To Ask” was written to help answer this and many other questions. Using the information gathered from the book, a step by step guide was put together to help predict the amount of money you can make as an exotic dancer.
1. Understand where the money comes from. The two main sources of money you’ll earn will come from (1) stage dances and (2) lap dances. The term lap dance, table dance, private dance, and personal dance can all be used interchangeably.
2. Begin by collecting your tips from stage dances. Your first source of income will be from stage dances. This is the money you collect after you’ve performed on stage. You should try to collect tips from everyone sitting on and in very close proximity to your stage and who might have seen you dance.
Because most dance sets are made up of two 3.5 minute long songs, the club will have approximately eight girls dancing per hour. Keep in mind that there is at least a 30 second interval between dancers, so there is a chance that only seven girls will go up on stage per hour/per stage.
Depending on how many stages there are in your club, how many girls are on the rotation schedule, and how many customers there are, you’ll most likely make between $10 and $50 per stage show.
3. Supplement your money from stage dances, with money from private dances. Most lap dances are between $10 and $20 per dance, so the key to making a lot of money is to keep your customer buying dances from you once you’ve already got him in your chair. The best thing to do is make your lap dance the most seductive during the last 30 seconds. When you can hear the song starting to end, ask your customer if he wants you to continue. If you’ve done it right, he’ll want more!
4. Add your two sources together. Taking the money you make off stage dances and adding it to the money you can make by getting customers to buy lap dances from you, you can make between $80 and $100 an HOUR. Of course, this amount may vary… some nights you’ll make more and some nights you’ll make less, but this is the average you should expect.
* Always be nice to customers, even if they don’t tip you.
* People who don’t tip you at first, might have a change of heart and tip you later in the night, so always try to collect your tips from non-tippers again.
* Don’t expect everyone to tip you. They may not have seen your dance because they just walked in, just got back from the bathroom, or was getting a private dance from another dancer.
* Don’t take rejection personally.
* To make the most money, try not to drink or do drugs at work, they will hinder your ability to keep track of who has tipped you the most and who might be possible sources of private dance income.
* It’s easy to get upset if someone doesn’t tip you, but don’t let it consume your night and put you in a bad mood. Just pick yourself up and know that some customers tip more than others, so in the end it’s a wash.
* Don’t steal customers from the stage when another girl is dancing. Have common courtesy and make sure that you’re trying to get lap dances without offending other dancers.
* Don’t take too much time collecting your tips after your stage dance, guys have a hard time remembering the last dancer once a new girl is on stage.
How to be a stripper – the ultimate stripper guide